Friday, July 13, 2007

Malapit na!!!


T
he team went for a 2-3 hour run today roughly around 22-23 kms around the busy streets of Ortigas and Libis and back to our home base at UP Diliman. After slurping a few gallons of Rush, Gatorade, water and sprite we started to do our stretch and talked about the long run ahead. I reassured them the logistics and the man power is already there and we are just waiting for Saturday to start running.

I slowly went through my checklist to check my runers and guest runners. "Lahat ba meron Insurance or health card" hehehehehe. Meron sir!!!! "Nag file na ba kayo ng leave after the run!?" Yes sir! "Bumili na ba kayo ng isang katutak na pain killers!!!?" Yes sir isang box!!!! hahahahaha. Mag baon kayo maraming pasensya at kuwento mahaba yung takbo next week!!!!

The most nerve wracking part for me on any race or big event is the final weeks since I have the tendency to think too much about it and i get stressed and I get sick. I do pray hindi ako ma-dengue, flu, colds, injury, etc. Hehehehehe. Past few runs were aborted due to sudden illness of mine. Hypochondriac ako!!!!

Everything is a go. We have already raised funds but we still need more. So people start donating please to kythe, its really a worthy cause. If this ultra marathon works I am planning another one several months from now, I'm not sure about the details and the route but ill post it here once I start craving again for long runs.

The run will be this Saturday!!!! I really don't know what to expect. I am anticipating rain so added challenge. It is interesting how the run works, because it will examine two interesting ways of training. hehehehe. To begin with we have a month to prepare for this because a certain Romi mistakenly thought the run was on August. I am not sure if there is a manual or training guide for ultra marathon in 1 month hehehehe.

So this ultra will test two types of training, two of the members due to schedule constrains decided that they will run three or four times a week, short runs around 2-3 hours or around 20 km. while other members decided on a training involving lesser days of training but 1 long run roughly around 6-7 hours. I wana see what training works well discounting other factors katuwaan lang. You cant beat my Kungfu hehehehehe.

For the next several days we will be having a carbo loading party and also taper runs. The team is really excited and plus our support crew. We have invited several cyclist who will accompany us through the run. we will be running while they eat and drink and party at every control points hehehehe.

The North Face shoes are really holding up. The fit is muy muy bien!!! I don't have any complaints whatsoever. For some people it might take some getting used to and some people might see it as too heavy. Your feet will be well protected and cushioned. The team really loved the lacing system its really cool!!!!

Finally, when i was running today i listed four things i hate when I am running.

1. Your running fast and some car slows down beside you and ask for direction. "Sir nasan ba yun?"
2. You are running hard in the early morning and you run by a house cooking breakfast(the smell of tuyo, fried rice, bacon, coffee, etc, hehehehehe) makes you real hungry.
3. Sudden urge to go to the bathroom.
4. Looking at your watch and realize wala pang 1 hour run mo!!! hehehehe.

Malapit na, this weekend more plannings, meetings and eatings, bukas ulit short run lang with the whole team para masanay lang sa pact run!!!

No comments: