Kythe is a non-stock, non-profit organization that provides psycho-social care to children in hospitals, especially the chronically-ill and children with cancer. Kythe pioneered the Child Life Program in the Philippines. Trained Child Life professionals, along with Kythe volunteers, provide various services to children and families, which include education, preparation and distraction for medical procedures as well as therapeutic play activities inside and outside the hospital. Support programs for families, especially parents, are also made available. Kythe's aim is to provide support during the illness of a child, which is a most trying time in the family.
Kythe is currently affiliated with eight (8) government and charity hospitals around the country, namely:
- AFP Medical Center (AFPMC)
- National Children's Hospital (NCH)
- National Kidney and Transplant Institute (NKTI)
- Philippino Orthopedic Center (POC)
- Quirino Memorial Medical Center (QMMC)
- UST Charity Hospital (USTH)
- Davao Medical Center (DMC)
- Tarlac Provincial Hospital (TPH)
Kythe continues to work for more support so that more joy can be brought to more children and more hope can be felt by more families.
For more information about Kythe, call 376-3454 or visit their website at kythe